Pay My Bill
The new SmartHub billing service is now in place for members’ use, providing more information than ever before on your computer, smart phone, or tablet. Replacing our previous E-Bill system, SmartHub lets you view or pay your monthly electric bill, but it also offers so much more information and convenience.
SmartHub offers two options for making your payment:
(Need assistance? Visit SmartHub Help.)
The net payment is due by the 10th; however, we allow a grace period of 5 business days before the gross amount is due. Any payments received after this grace period are assessed a 10% late fee. If payment is not received by the 27th, you may be disconnected from service. If you know you are going to be late with a payment, please contact our office.
Ways to pay your bill
1. Online - Use the links above to make a payment online, either through our full SmartHub service or the Quick Pay link.
2. Mail - Send your payment to MJM Electric Cooperative, 264 N. East St., P.O. Box 80, Carlinville, IL 62626.
3. Office - Drop off your payment at our front desk weekdays from 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., or after hours use the drop-off box located outside, in front of the MJM building.
4. Call - Make your payment over the phone by calling 855-313-6314 for Pay By Phone, our automated bill payment system. The first time you use our Pay By Phone service, you will be asked to create a PIN number to protect your account. Before creating your PIN number, you will enter the last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN) to verify your identity. If you have not yet provided the Cooperative with your SSN, please call our office at 217-854-3137. When using Pay By Phone, please also have your account number ready before calling.
5. Recurring Bank Draft Checking/Savings Payments - The net amount due shown is the amount that will be drafted from your checking/savings account. It will be drafted on the due date shown on your bill. This payment option is available by signing up online or contacting MJM at 217-854-3137.
6. Recurring Credit/Debit Payments - The net amount due shown is the amount that will be drafted from your credit/debit card. It will be charged on the due date shown on your bill. This payment option is available by signing up online, contacting MJM at 855-313-6314, or by completing the form located on your bill and marking the Authorization Box on the form.
We now accept Visa, Discover, and MasterCard payments
You can pay with these cards online through our electronic billing (SmartHub) system or by contacting our office.
Use your SmartHub account to make online payments and view bills
Signing up for an SmartHub account is quick and easy. To create an account, visit our SmartHub website. Once your online account is set up, you can make payments online using either a credit card or bank account. Through your account, you can view your current bill and previous bills. Using this feature, you can view the amount of electricity used at your location each month.
"Does this mean I have to pay my bill online?"
No, registering for an electronic billing account does not mean you are required to pay bills online. Registering does allow you to view copies of your bill online and to view a record of your usage history. Registering for an account provides you with more information and more options, but doesn't require you to use any options with which you are not comfortable.
"Does this mean I will no longer receive a paper bill in the mail?"
No, if you register for electronic billing, you will still receive a paper bill in the mail. You may choose to stop receiving a paper bill, but this is an option that is completely up to you. There is an option in your SmartHub account to go paperless. Selecting this option will allow you to pay your bills online without the hassle of receiving a paper statement in the mail each month.
Tags: Auto pay, autopay, auto-pay, automatic, payment, credit card, online, on line